Thursday, May 7, 2009

Whoa nellie

Wow, I just realized its been over a month since my last blog (bloggers anonymous intro?)

Ok so I would never qualify for bloggers anonymous since I have been anything but regular.

Perhaps I should just give it up.

What I've been doing instead of blogging...

working--yes my work life has gotten a bit busier. Did a field trip in early April and have been desperately trying to get a final report out the door. Just when the weather is getting beautiful--I'm trying to write a report. Not a great combination.

working--ok this deserves two entries because we are also working on a HUGE proposal at work. This one would ease my worries about losing my job every few months or so--but it is kind of a scary prospect.

remodeling--we have finally picked out kitchen cabinets after an eternity of interviewing people and drawing in Google Sketch Up. Now we have to bust our butts trying to get the kitchen ready for its new tenants.

gardening--my little seedlings are doing ok. Every time I put them outside to "harden" them and prepare them for the garden--they get fried in the sun :(. I haven't given up. We made a new herb garden the other day--but I don't want to get my hopes up about it's success.

climbing--sort of. We've been trying to go to the gym lately and we actually went out to Paradise Forks this weekend. Its nice to have hobbies that don't involve toxic chemicals.

running--yeah! I've been trying to start running again. I used to be a fanatic, but for some reason stopped when I came to Flagstaff. My knees don't like it, but I'm trying to ease my way back in.

hosting couchsurfers--this actually takes a lot of time. We've met some really cool folks--but sometimes I do have to wonder where all my free time has gone?

1 comment:

steph said...

I wondered why you were AWOL. I miss you, lady. In fact, I was just talking about you today to my sister who was wondering how I ended up with such a great roommate (she's on the lookout for one herself). Sounds like you've got quite the full life. Buena suerte on the proposal!!! Drop me a line when you get the chance.