Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Crushed

I admit it, I was wrong. I had heard stories of Bill Richardson's inappropriate actions in politics, but I chose to ignore them. I had a political "crush" on Bill. There, I said it.

I like him for his experience in energy, border issues, and foreign relations. I liked his stance on getting the hell out of Iraq, and I loved his idea that all teachers should receive pay raises. I let my guard down--I let him infiltrate my emotions and tossed my criticism aside. Shame on me.

I would say shame on him--but, really, he just acted as all politicians do. I would still vote for him as commerce secretary--I would rather see him in that position than Obama's chosen National Intelligence Director, Dennis "I supported the Indonesian Army in their quest to massacre the East Timorese" Blair in his position, or Cowboy Ken Salazar as Interior Secretary.

But then, nobody asked me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, so sad!!