Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A few of my favorite things..


Here are some of my new favorite things...

Yoga
I know, millions of people discovered yoga centuries ago--but I have been a hold out. Even back when I used to run--I was never much of a stretcher. That probably explains why my running career ended prematurely with knee pain. I love going to yoga class --I can actually feel the difference from day to day. Who knew that stretching could leave you so sore or be so much fun?

Riding the bus
Next to riding my bike, riding the public bus to work is my favorite way to get here. I feel like such a good citizen when I ride the bus. And, if you do it enough, you get to know the other folks on your bus. I feel like it gets me more connected to my community. And, I don't have to clear the snow off the car in the morning!

Google SketchUp
Holy Cow this program is awesome! Its my new obsession. So Google Sketchup is a program that lets you create 3D models and animations. It is free, fairly easy to learn--and fricken amazing. For our recent remodel we've been using it to explore kitchen layout options--incredible. It models shadows and sunlight throughout the day and the year, and you can create surfaces--so I can model my slate floors and my bamboo cabinets. Seriously--you need to check it out.

No comments: